Saturday 31 July 1993
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Dreams by Gabrielle was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1993!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1993 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:31 July
- Allman Bros guitarist Dickey Betts arrested for shoving 2 cops
- Inkatha-arm forces killed 49 ANC-followers in Johannesburg
- Prince Ronald Ronnie Mutebi crowned King of Uganda
- A federal judge sentences Los Angeles Police Department officers Stacey Koon and Laurence Powell to 30 months in prison for violating motorist Rodney King's civil rights.
- The Japanese government issues the Kono Statement, acknowledging the comfort women's (sex slaves) deportation.
- The discovery of the Tel Dan Stele, the first archaeological confirmation of the existence of the Davidic line, is announced.
- Magic: the Gathering undergoes its first general release.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?