Tuesday 27 July 1993
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Dreams by Gabrielle was in the top 5 hits.
Robin Hood: Men in Tights, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1993!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1993 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- George Shelley: Pop Singer.
- Sage Kotsenburg: Snowboarder.
- Jordan Spieth: Golfer.
- Max Power: English footballer.
- Reggie Lewis: American athlete, pro basketball player for the Boston Celtics from his rookie year of 1987 until his death on July 27, 1993 in Waltham, MA.
- Detroit Tiger Fryman hits for cycle but loses 12-7 to Yankees
- Javier Sotomayor jumps world record 2.45 m high
- Mafia bombs historical buildings in Rome / Milan / Vatican City, 5 killed
- NBC TV awarded 1996 Olympic coverage for $456 million
- New York Met Anthony Young wins ending his losing streak at 27 games
- Windows NT 3.1, the first version of Microsoft's line of Windows NT operating systems, is released to manufacturing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?