Tuesday 16 October 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Angie by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Charley Varrick, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1973 ?
- Maria Eugenia Larrain: Chilean model, engineer and socialite.
- Peter Polaco: American professional wrestler.
- Andrew Mudge: American filmmaker ;Andrew Mudge is the winner of the 2003 Chrysler Million Dollar Film Festival.
- Justin Credible: American wrestler.
- María Larraín: Chilean model and actress.
- David Unsworth: English professional footballer
- Gene Krupa: American drummer composer and actor (d. 1973).
- Israeli tanks under General Sharon move through Suez Canal
- Kissinger and Le Duc Tho jointly awarded Nobel peace prize
- Maynard Jackson elected 1st black Mayor of Atlanta
- Monks Heng Yo and Heng Ju, start 1000 mile SF to Seattle pilgrimage
- US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho jointly awarded Nobel Peace Prize.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?