Saturday 17 April 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Star Is Born, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1937 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Daffy Duck: debuts in Warner Bros' short Porky's Duck Hunt.
- Ronald Hamowy: Canadian historian and academic (d. 2012).
- Ferdinand Piëch: Austrian-German engineer and businessman.
- Claude Vidal: France sport Champion.
- Eduard N Stepanov: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Ferdinand Piech: Austrian-German automotive engineer and executive
- Brian Sedgemore: British Member of Parliament.
- Terry Dicks: British Member of Parliament.
- Yi Sang: Korean poet (Born 1910).
- Cartoon characters Daffy Duck, Elmer J Fudd and Petunia Pig debut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?