Sunday 17 April 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Michalke and Rob Bolland.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damon Runyon Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1955 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Peter Michalke: Journalist.
- Rob Bolland: Dutch singer/guitarist (Bolland and Bolland).
- Pete Shelley vocal/guitar (Buzzcocks - "Going Steady": "Love Bites").
- Patricia Barbizet: French business leader, who has been Executive Director of Artemis since 1992 and is Vice-Chairman of the Board of Groupe PPR and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Christie’s.
- Pete Shelley: British singer, guitarist and founder of the 1970's British punk band,the Buzzcocks.
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Babe Didrikson-Zaharias Golf Open.
- Imre Nagy, the communist Premier of Hungary, is ousted for being too moderate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?