Thursday 18 December 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Altered States, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1980 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Christina Aguilera on Staten Island: New York; singer ("Genie in a Bottle", "What A Girl Wants").
- Christina Aguilera: American singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Smiley : Reggae Singer.
- Heinz Inniger: Swiss snowboarder.
- Benjamin Watson: American football player.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts Minister Van Agts abortion laws
- Vietnam adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?