Thursday 4 December 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Flash Gordon, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1980 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
Famous Birthdays:04 December
- 2 months after death of drummer John Bonham, Led Zeppelin breaks up
- Islanders end 15 game undefeated streak (13-0-2) (Col Rockies)
- English rock group Led Zeppelin officially disbands, following the death of drummer John Bonham on September 25th.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Cliff Richard - Dreaming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?