Saturday 18 February 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Turner and John Valentin in Mineola.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kind Of A Drag by The Buckinghams.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
One Million Years B.C., directed by Don Chaffey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1967!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1967 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Matt Turner: US baseball pitcher (Florida Marlins).
- John Valentin in Mineola: New York, USA; infielder (Boston Red Sox).
- Tony Anselmo: American animator.
- Marco Aurelio: Brazilian footballer.
- Tracey Edmonds: American film and television producer.
- Harry Van Barneveld: Belgian judoka
- Paolo Calissano: Italian actor, who has worked in film and television including soap operas.
- Mary Lenane: American rape victim. In 1988 she reported rape and kidnapping from her Dorchester variety store three times. Her story was later questioned.
- Roberto Baggio: Italian footballer
- Colin Jackson: Cardiff, England -- 100m hurdler (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Yongyoot Thongkongtoon: Thai director producer and screenwriter
- John Valentin: American baseball player and coach
- Softball pitcher Eddie Feigner strikes out six straight major league players.
- New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison claims he will solve the John F. Kennedy assassination, and that a conspiracy was planned in New Orleans.
- Suharto takes power from Sukarno in Indonesia (see Transition to the New Order and Supersemar).
- Donald Sangster becomes the new Prime Minister of Jamaica, succeeding Alexander Bustamante.
- Trinidad and Tobago is the first Commonwealth nation to join the Organization of American States.
- The 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution is enacted.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- Keith - 98.6
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?