Wednesday 22 February 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kind Of A Drag by The Buckinghams.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
One Million Years B.C., directed by Don Chaffey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1967!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1967 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Psicosis II: Mexican wrestler.
- Alf Poier: Austrian comedian and actor.
- Marianne Ihalainen: Ice hockey right wing (Finland, Olympics - 1998).
- Bentley Mitchum: American minor actor, best known for his performance as Ricky in "Ruby in Paradise," 1993, with Ashley Judd.
- Steve Broussard: American football player, a running back and kick returner for the Seattle Seahawks who was signed by the team on 6/13/1995.
- 25,000 US and South Vietnamese troops launched Operation Junction City, offensive to smash Viet Cong stronghold near Cambodian border
- 25,000 American and South Vietnamese troops launch Operation Junction City, offensive to smash Viet Cong stronghold near Cambodian border.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 February 1967 and get them!