Saturday 18 March 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Rison NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns and Ken Edenfield.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Penny Lane by The Beatles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1967 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Andre Rison NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns: Kansas City Chiefs).
- Ken Edenfield: American baseball player, a reserve pitcher with the Anaheim Angels.
- Olivier Minne: Belgian born French television presenter, actor and producer.
- Andre Rison: Football Player.
- Ben Wilson: Basketball Player.
- Miki Berenyi: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lush)
- Jimmy Blaine: singer ("Stop the Music"), dies at age 42.
- Oil tanker Torrey Canyon hits a rock and spills oil
- The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction opens in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. It includes 119 Audio-Animatronics figures; 64 human, 55 animals. The whole attraction cost US$8 million to build.
- The supertanker Torrey Canyon runs aground off the Cornish coast.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?