Friday 19 December 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1924 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Peter Prowtiny: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Alberto Lupo: Italian theater and TV actor.
- Michel Tournier: French writer, Tournier is a prolific writer and he is considered as one of the most prominent French writers of the last third of the 20th century.
- Carlo Chiti: Italian race car engineer (Born 1924).
- Doug Harvey: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1989).
- Gary Morton: American film and television producer (Born 1924)
- Edmund Purdom: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Asissi Underground, Pieces)
- The last Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is sold in London, England.
- German serial killer Fritz Haarmann is sentenced to death for a series of murders.
- An air crash at Croydon Air Field in London kills 8.
- Albania becomes a republic.
- A flash fire at a Christmas celebration in a one-room schoolhouse in Babbs, Oklahoma kills 36 people, mostly small children.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves Me - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Adoring You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Want to Be Happy - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal That I Loved) - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?