Sunday 28 December 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rod Serling in Syracuse and Milton Obote.
A Fool and His Money, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1924 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Rod Serling in Syracuse: New York, USA; writer/host (The Twilight Zone, Night Gallery).
- Milton Obote: President of Uganda (d. 2005).
- Michael Gregsten: British homicide victim, shot and killed by a gunman on 8/23/1961, c. 3:00 AM GDT.
- Leon Bakst: Russian artist (Born 1866).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Want to be Happy - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?