Wednesday 19 March 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Sea Wolf, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1941 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Ole Nydahl: Danish buddhist teacher of kagyu tradition, also known as Lama Ole.
- Florence Delay: French novelist, dramatist, playwriter, actress and translator.
- Lord Vestey: British food magnate / billionaire (Union International).
- Jimmy Dorsey and Orchestra record Green Eyes andMaria Elena
- World War II: The 99th Pursuit Squadron also known as the Tuskegee Airmen, the first all-black unit of the Army Air Corp, is activated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?