Monday 17 March 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Sea Wolf, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1941 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Wang Jin-pyng: Taiwanese soldier and politician.
- Paul Kantner: American guitarist, singer and songwriter, known for co-founding Jefferson Airplane, a leading psychedelic rock band of the counterculture era, and its more commercial spin-off band Jefferson Starship.
- Max Stafford-Clark: English director and academic.
- Gene Pitney in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; rock singer ("Town without Pity").
- Clarence Collins: American singer (Imperials - "Tears on My Pillow").
- Jeff Sanders: American psychologist and professor, ran for Congress (Dem) 19th district, Southwestern Pennsylvania, in 2000.
- Edward Harper: Composer
- In Washington, D.C., the National Gallery of Art is officially opened by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?