Monday 20 February 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Iga Wyrwal and Jack Falahee.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The 'Burbs, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Midnight by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters or SaGa.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1989 ?
Famous Birthdays:20 February
- Members of 1949 Oklahoma football team cancel an April reunion because of the deplorable conduct of Oklahoma players.
- An IRA bomb destroys a section of a British Army barracks in Ternhill, England
- In Canada's Yukon Territory, the ruling New Democrats narrowly maintain control of the Yukon Legislative Assembly, winning 9 seats vs. the Progressive Conservative Party's 7.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Information Society - Walking Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?