Tuesday 20 February 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Say It Right by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Leaves Out of the Book of Satan, directed by Carl Th. Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously approves an African Union force to help stabilise Somalia. (AP via the Guardian)
- The Kazakh Foreign Ministry denies Kazakhstan has a nuclear program, saying all alleged active nuclear sites were from the Soviet era. (Kazinform)
- Felix Kulov, former Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan, breaks his political alliance with President Kurmanbek Bakiyev. Kulov forms the United Front for a Worthy Future for Kyrgyzstan with Ar-Namys and other political parties. (RFE/RL)
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he wants talks on his nation's nuclear program, but only if no pre-conditions are imposed. (BBC)
- Nasrollah Shanbe Zehi, convicted of a bombing last week in Zahedan is hanged. (CNN)
- The BBC reports that U.S. plans for a possible military attack against Iran include nuclear sites and most of the country's military infrastructure. (BBC)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit rules 2-1 to uphold an act of the 109th Congress removing the right of Guantánamo Bay detainees to challenge their detention in lower federal courts. The Military Commissions Act suspends the right to ''habeas corpus'' and bars anyone deemed an ampquotenemy combatantampquot access to the federal courts. (Reuters)
- Zilla Huma Usman, minister for social welfare of Punjab province, Pakistan, is assassinated near Lahore by Mohammed Sarwar for not wearing a hijab and campaigning for women's emancipation. (FOX)
- A river boat carrying children on a school trip on the Periyar River in southern India capsizes, killing at least 18 students and four teachers. (AP via CNN)
- Kraft Foods announces plans to close up to 20 production facilities and cut up to 8,000 jobs worldwide. (AP via ABC News)
- Global Spread of H5N1: Cases of avian flu are confirmed at two chicken farms near Moscow, Russia. Villages are quarantined until prescriptions can be filled. (The Times)
- A powerful earthquake in northeastern Indonesia sparks a tsunami warning. (AP via IHT)
- Volvo AB agrees to buy truckmaker Nissan Diesel for $1.1 billion. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?