Monday 21 February 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Mercure and Erma Bombeck in Dayton.
It, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1927 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Pierre Mercure: French-Canadian musician and composer (d. 1966).
- Erma Bombeck in Dayton: Ohio, USA; humorist (The Grass is Always Greener.
- Hubert de Givenchy in Beauvais: France; fashion designer (Audrey Hepburn).
- Patricia Benoit in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actress (As the World Turns, Nancy - Mr Peepers).
- Erma Bombeck: American journalist and humorist, the author of 11 books and a column read by millions in 700 cities.
- Paul Préboist: French night club comic who wrote all of his own material. He began to appear in films at 19 with Paul Meurisse, leading to roles in more than a hundred films, mainly in secondary roles and as a supporting actor. In the 1990s, in his 70's he once more resumed his popularity and for months - drunk most of the time - he did imitations on Patrick Sébastien’s TV show.
- Genevieve Merle: France sport Champion
- Paul Preboist: France Actor
- Michel Clare: Sceaux Journalist
- Hubert de Givenchy: French fashion designer founded Givenchy
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?