Monday 21 February 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
It, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1927 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Pierre Mercure: French-Canadian musician and composer (d. 1966).
- Paul Preboist: France Actor.
- Hubert de Givenchy: French fashion designer founded Givenchy.
- Patricia Benoit in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actress (As the World Turns, Nancy - Mr Peepers).
- Michel Clare: Sceaux Journalist.
- Erma Bombeck: American journalist and humorist, the author of 11 books and a column read by millions in 700 cities. Her books include "The Grass is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank," "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What am I Doing in the Pits?" and "A Marriage Made in Heaven... Or Too Tired For An Affair."
- Genevieve Merle: France sport Champion
- Erma Bombeck in Dayton: Ohio, USA; humorist (The Grass is Always Greener...).
- Hubert de Givenchy in Beauvais: France; fashion designer (Audrey Hepburn).
- Paul Préboist: French night club comic who wrote all of his own material. He began to appear in films at 19 with Paul Meurisse, leading to roles in more than a hundred films, mainly in secondary roles and as a supporting actor. In the 1990s, in his 70's he once more resumed his popularity and for months - drunk most of the time - he did imitations on Patrick Sébastien’s TV show.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 February 1927 and get them!