Wednesday 23 February 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
It, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1927 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Ivan Hrusovsky: Composer.
- Regine Crespin: French operatic soprano (d. 2007).
- Mirtha Legrand: known by her stage name Mirtha Legrand, is an Argentine actress and television presenter who has worked in Argentina and Spain, twin sister of retired actress Silvia Legrand.
- Régine Crespin: French opera soprano, with a debut in Mulhouse in 1950 in "Lohengrin.
- Sveinbjorn Sveinbjornsson: Composer, dies at 79.
- President Calvin Coolidge creates Federal Radio Commission (US Federal Communications Commission predecessor).
- The Federal Radio Commission (later renamed the Federal Communications Commission) begins to regulate the use of radio frequencies in the United States.
- German theoretical physicist Werner Heisenberg writes a letter to fellow physicist Wolfgang Pauli, in which he describes his uncertainty principle for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 February 1927 and get them!