Sunday 20 February 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
It, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1927 ?
- Sidney Poitier: American actor, a long-term veteran of many fine films who made his debut in 1949 in "No Way Out.
- Hubert Givenchy: French fashion designer and entrepreneur, one of the greatest names in haute couture.
- Roy Cohn: Lawyer "grand inquisitor" (for Sen Joseph McCarthy).
- Ibrahim Ferrer: Cuban singer (Buena Vista Social Club and Afro-Cuban All Stars) (d. 2005).
- Sidney Poitier in Miami: Florida, USA; actor (Porgy and Bess, A Raisin in the Sun, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, In the Heat of the Night).
- Golfers in South Carolina are arrested for violating Sabbath.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?