Friday 21 May 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marina Langner in Dusseldorf and Bill Abbott in Sarnia.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1954 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Marina Langner in Dusseldorf: Germany; Miss World runner-up (1975).
- Bill Abbott in Sarnia: Ontario, Canada; yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Camille Rocca Serra: French politician, the president of the regional council of Corsica.
- D Jeyaraj: Sri Lankan-Canadian journalist and blogger.
- Janice Karman: American voice actress singer and producer.
- Marc Ribot: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bar Kokhba Sextet)
- Janos Hammerschlag: Composer, dies at 68.
- Amendment to give 18-year-olds right to vote is defeated
- American amendment to give 18-year-olds right to vote is defeated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?