Monday 22 February 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Bloomfield and Jenna Haze.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Centerfold by The J. Geils Band.
In UK A Town Called Malice / Precious by The Jam was in the top 5 hits.
Death Wish II, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Étoiles et toiles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Strike or Space Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1982!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1982 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Colin Bloomfield: English radio personality best known for his coverage of Derby County F.C.
- Jenna Haze: American porn actress and director.
- Dichen Lachman: Nepalese-Australian actress and producer.
- Shawntae Spencer: American football player.
- Robert Weiner: Jr.
- New York City Mayor Koch announces he will run for New York Governor (unsuccessful)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Journey - Open Arms
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- The Cars - Shake It Up
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Air Supply - Sweet Dreams
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Dan Fogelberg - Leader Of The Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?