Thursday 22 May 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andreas Gerasimos Michalitsianos and Mohamed Hashish.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1947 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Andreas Gerasimos Michalitsianos: Greek-American astronomer and a NASA astrophysicist (d. 1997).
- Mohamed Hashish: Egyptian-born research scientist.
- Franz Koglmann: Austrian jazz composer.
- Joseph McFadden: American bishop (d. 2013).
- Andreas Michalitsianos: Egyptian-American astronomer and astrophysicist (d. 1997).
- Truman Doctrine goes into effect, aiding Turkey and Greece
- 1st US ballistic missile fired
- First US ballistic missile fired.
- Cold War: in an effort to fight the spread of Communism, U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs an act into law that will later be called the Truman Doctrine. The act grants $400 million in military and economic aid to Turkey and Greece, each battling an internal Communist movement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?