Thursday 8 May 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1947 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Rick Zehringer: Ohio, United States -- Rocker (McCoys).
- H Robert Horvitz: American biologist, Nobel laureate.
- Phil Sawyer: rocker (Spencer Davis Group).
- H Horvitz: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Felicity Lott: English soprano (We come to the river).
- David Manners: 11th Duke of Rutland English politician
- John Reid: Baron Reid of Cardowan Scottish historian and politician Secretary of State for Defence
- Mario Lavezzi: Italian singer-songwriter, composer, record producer and guitarist.
- Harry Gordon Selfridge: American-born department store founder (Born 1858).
- A movement among Saint Louis Cardinals' players to protest its first meeting with Jackie Robinson and the Brooklyn Dodgers is aborted by a talk from owner Sam Breadon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?