Wednesday 22 September 1993
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Vain by Culture Beat was in the top 5 hits.
A Bronx Tale, directed by Robert De Niro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1993!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1993 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Gabriella Lenzi: Instagram Star.
- Carlos Knight: TV Actor.
- Chase Ellison: American actor.
- Tyler Brown: YouNow Star.
- Margaret MacDonald: Maid to Queen Elizabeth, dies at 89.
- Nolan Ryan, 46, pitches his last game
- STS-51 (Discovery) lands
- Supreme Soviet dismisses President Boris Yeltsin
- A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- A barge strikes a railroad bridge near Mobile, Alabama, causing the deadliest train wreck in Amtrak history. 47 passengers are killed.
- Big Bayou Canot train disaster: A bridge collapses as the ''Sunset Limited'' crosses it, killing 47.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?