Friday 23 March 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK 99 Red Balloons by Nena was in the top 5 hits.
Romancing the Stone, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1984!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1984 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:23 March
- Ice Dance Championship at Ottawa won by J Torvill and Chris Dean (GRB)
- Ice Pairs Championship at Ottawa won by Underhill and Paul Martini (CAN)
- Ladies Fig Skating Championship in Ottawa won by Katarina Witt (GDR)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Christine McVie - Got A Hold On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?