Thursday 23 May 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Leslie S. Hiscott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1935 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Lasse Stromstedt: Swedish writer (d. 2009).
- Juliet Campbell: British ambassador (to Luxembourg).
- Julian Grenfell: 3rd Baron Grenfell English politician.
- Lasse Strömstedt: Swedish author (d. 2009).
- Lord Grenfell head of External affairs European office: World Bank.
- Jacques Salomé: French psychologist and writer.
- Charles Lorenzi: Italian executive involved in the Furiani-Bastia case. He was Vice-President of the Bastia Sporting Club; he set up false license inspection documents. He was convicted of falsification and use of documents for private gain.
- 1st scheduled night game, postponed due to rain (Cincinnati)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?