Sunday 23 May 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Hasty and Lilian Drescher.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ticket To Ride by The Beatles.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Mirage, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Melodie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1965 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- James Hasty: NFL cornerback (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Lilian Drescher: in Venezuela; tennis star.
- Manuel Sanchis Hontiyuelo: Spanish footballer.
- Massimo Ceccherini: Italian comedian, noted for his work in the films of Pieraccioni.
- Melissa McBride: TV Actress.
- Charlie Hayes: American baseball player
- Woorkeri Raman: Indian cricketer and coach
- Manuel Hontiyuelo: Spanish footballer
- Paul Sironen: Australian rugby player and police officer
- Athanasios Skourtopoulos: Greek basketball player and coach
- Tom Tykwer: German director producer screenwriter and composer
- Kappei Yamaguchi: Japanese voice actor and singer
- Franz Jonas elected president of Austria.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- Pontoon ferry overturned on Shire River, Malawi, kills 150.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?