Tuesday 24 April 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew John Fairclough and Christian Bobin.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1951 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Andrew John Fairclough: Trade union educator.
- Christian Bobin: French author and poet.
- Enda Kenny: Taoiseach of Ireland.
- Ron Arad: Israeli architect and academic.
- Nigel Harrison: English bass player and songwriter (Blondie and Silverhead).
- In Yokohama, Japan a fire on a train kills more than 100.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sound Off (The Duckworth Chant) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- On Top Of Old Smoky - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- When You and I Were Young Maggie, Blues - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?