Sunday 15 April 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1951 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Trixie Schuba: Austrian figure-skating champion who won a Gold Medal at the 1972 Olympics.
- Heloise : American journalist and author.
- John Phillips: American musician (The Mamas & the Papas) (Born 1935).
- Stuart Prebble: English journalist and producer.
- Hansel: Cuba -- Spanish personality.
- Marsha S Ivins in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; astronaut (STS 32, 46, 62, 81).
- John L Phillips in Fort Belvoir: Virginia, USA; PhD/astronaut.
- Michael Gorsira is first person in charge of Cura?ao.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1951 and get them!