Friday 6 April 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Cooper and Jean-Marc Boivin.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1951 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Ralph Cooper: in Australia; drummer (Air Supply - "All Out of Love").
- Jean-Marc Boivin: French mountaineer, extreme skier, speleologist, film maker and author.
- Pierre Béghin: French mountaineer.
- Ghislain Fontenay: French race horse owner.
- Bert Blyleven: Dutch-American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Halfdan Cleve: Composer, dies at 71.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?