Saturday 24 March 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1951 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Earl Williams: NBA Player.
- Kenneth S Reightler Jr in Patuxent: Maryland, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS 48, 60).
- Dougie Thompson: rocker (Supertramp - "Bloody Well Right").
- Pat Bradley in Westford: Massachusetts, USA; LPGA golfer (1981 US Women's Open).
- Tommy Hilfiger: American fashion designer, known for innovative styles that appeal to people of all ages, race and sex.
- Dougie Thomson: Scottish musician, born in Glasgow and raised in the Rutherglen area of the city. He is best known as the former bass guitarist of progressive rock band Supertramp.
- Peter Boyle: Scottish-Australian footballer and manager (d. 2013)
- Pat Bradley: American golfer
- Anna Włodarczyk: Polish long jumper and coach
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?