Tuesday 24 April 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Dill and Clemens Binninger.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
War Hunt, directed by Denis Sanders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1962 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Michael Dill: American restaurateur, the maitre d' of an upscale restaurant-bar, "Numbers," in West Hollywood.
- Clemens Binninger: German politician.
- Stuart Pearce: English footballer coach and manager.
- Steve Roach: Australian rugby player coach and sportscaster.
- Milt Franklyn: American musician (Born 1897).
- 1st Lockheed A-12 is taxi tested
- MIT sends TV signal by satellite for first time: California to Massachusetts.
- First Lockheed A-12 is taxi tested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?