Wednesday 11 April 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1962 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Franck Ducheix: French fencer.
- Mark Lawson: English journalist and author.
- Barb Hindley: Astrology student for 20 years, at present learning business/financial astrology.
- Vincent Gallo: American actor.
- Terry Hoage: NFL wide receiver (Arizona Cardinals).
- Ukichiro Nakaya: Japanese physicist (Born 1900).
- New York Mets make a losing debut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?