Sunday 24 July 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In the Good Old Summertime, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1949 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Yves Duteil: French singer-songwriter and politician.
- Marjanne Sint: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Michael Richards: Actor, co-star of Seinfeld, he played the belovedly wacky, off-beat Kramer in the long-running series, beginning in 1989, a part which made him a star.
- Inidian pitcher Bob Lemon hits 2 HRs to beat Senators, 7-5
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?