Saturday 2 July 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hanno Poschl and Roy Bittan.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1949 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Hanno Poschl: Austrian actor.
- Roy Bittan: American keyboard player and songwriter (E Street Band).
- Greg Brown: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu: French actor (d. 2010).
- Robert Paquette: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Georgi Dimitrov: Bulgarian compositor and politician 32nd Prime Minister of Bulgaria (d. 1949).
- High Button Shoes closes at Century Theater NYC after 727 performances
- 56th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: L Brough beats M duPont (10-8 16 10-8)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?