Monday 24 July 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jasper Teule .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kenilworth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1967 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jasper Teule: Dutch rock singer / bassist (Pilgrims-Once to Everything).
- Little Billy Rhodes: Dies of a stroke at 72.
- 49th PGA Championship: Don January shoots a 281 at Columbine Country Club - Colorado
- Beatles sign a petition in Times to legalize marijuana
- Chinese army / air force / fleet repress uprising in Wuhan City
- Norway requests European Common Market membership
- Race riots in Detroit force postponement of Tigers-Orioles game
- Race riot in Cambridge, Maryland, USA.
- During an official state visit to Canada, French President Charles de Gaulle declares to a crowd of over 100,000 in Montreal: Vive le Quebec libre! (''Long live free Quebec!''). The statement, interpreted as support for Quebec independence, delighted many Quebecers but angered the Canadian government and many English Canadians.
- An explosion and fire aboard the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier ''USS Forrestal'' in the Gulf of Tonkin leaves 134 dead.
- Georges Bidault moves to Belgium where he receives political asylum.
- An earthquake in Caracas, Venezuela leaves 240 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?