Monday 24 July 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1967 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jasper Teule: Dutch rock singer / bassist (Pilgrims-Once to Everything).
- Little Billy Rhodes: Dies of a stroke at 72.
- 49th PGA Championship: Don January shoots a 281 at Columbine Country Club - Colorado
- Beatles sign a petition in Times to legalize marijuana
- Chinese army / air force / fleet repress uprising in Wuhan City
- Norway requests European Common Market membership
- Race riots in Detroit force postponement of Tigers-Orioles game
- Race riot in Cambridge, Maryland, USA.
- During an official state visit to Canada, French President Charles de Gaulle declares to a crowd of over 100,000 in Montreal: Vive le Quebec libre! (''Long live free Quebec!''). The statement, interpreted as support for Quebec independence, delighted many Quebecers but angered the Canadian government and many English Canadians.
- An explosion and fire aboard the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier ''USS Forrestal'' in the Gulf of Tonkin leaves 134 dead.
- Georges Bidault moves to Belgium where he receives political asylum.
- An earthquake in Caracas, Venezuela leaves 240 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?