Tuesday 24 July 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Si-yeon and Anne-Gaelle Sidot.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Amityville Horror, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eat Bulaga.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armor Battle or Heiankyo Alien.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1979 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Lee Si-yeon: South Korean actress.
- Anne-Gaelle Sidot: French tennis player.
- Mark Andrew Smith: American graphic novelist.
- Jose Valverde: American baseball player.
- Rose Byrne: Australian actress.
- Anne-Gaëlle Sidot: French tennis player who turned professional in 1994. She has never reached the singles final of a WTA Tour tournament, although she did reach the semi-final stage on six occasions and the quarter-final stage on thirteen occasions. Her best Grand Slam singles performances were reaching the third round exactly once in each of the four Grand Slam tournaments. She won two WTA Tour doubles titles in Leipzig in 2000 and Nice in 2001, and was the runner-up in Los Angeles and Zürich in 2000. She also r
- Alexis Mateo: Puerto Rican drag queen performer
- Jerrod Niemann: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Stat Quo: American rapper and producer
- Valerio Scassellati: Italian race car driver
- Mark Smith: American author
- Ryan Speier: American baseball player
- Archie Duncan: Actor (Sherlock Holmes), dies at 65.
- President Carter names Paul Volcker, President of Federal Reserves
- Red Sox Carl Yastrzemski hits his 400th HR
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Chic - Good Times
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- David Naughton - Makin' It
- John Stewart - Gold
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
- Electric Light Orchestra - Shine A Little Love
- Dr. Hook - When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?