Thursday 21 July 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Mighty Joe Young, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1949 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Ludmila Smirnova: USSR -- Pairs figure skater (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Moon Moore: American astrologer and author of "The Book Of World Horoscopes: The Astrological Gazetteer Of The Modern Geopolitical World.
- Al Hrabosky: baseball player.
- Jean-Baptiste Mondino: French fashion photographer and music video director, he has worked for Bjork, Madonna.
- Hirini Melbourne: New Zealand singer-songwriter and poet (d. 2003).
- Senate ratifies North Atlantic Treaty by a vote of 82-13 (NATO)
- US Senate ratifies North Atlantic Treaty by a vote of 82-13.
- The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dick Haymes - Maybe It's Because
- Some Enchanted Evening - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?