Saturday 25 April 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, directed by Mark Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fault Lines.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat Xi: Skies of Inscursion or AI War: Fleet Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 April 2009 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 April
- Ethiopia arrests 35 people in connection with Berhanu Nega's plan to overthrow the government. (BBC via ABC News Australia)
- The African National Congress loses its supermajority in South Africa's National Assembly. (BBC)
- North Korea begins to reprocess fuel rods at its Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center. (BBC)
- Iceland's legislative election occurs. (''The New York Times'')
- Somali pirates hijack Germany's MV ''Patriot'' and release a Greek ship. (AP)
- University of Georgia Professor George Zinkhan allegedly kills three people in Athens, Georgia, United States. (''The Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?