Thursday 25 February 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Fox and Jennifer LaVoie.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Masters: Neil Young in Concert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1971 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- David Fox: United States -- 50m freestyle (1996 Olympics - 6th Place).
- Jennifer LaVoie: Nashua, New Hampshire -- Playmate (Aug, 1993).
- Sean Astin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Goonies, Like Father Like Son, Toy Soldiers).
- Andrew Hermann: American 50km walker (Olympics-1996).
- Byron Dafoe in Sussex: England; NHL goalie (Los Angeles Kings).
- Helen Dobson in Skegness: England; golfer (1993 State Farm Rail Classic).
- Nova Peris in Darwin: Australia; field hockey left halfback (Olympics-1996).
- Sean Astin: American actor and child of noted parents, actor Patty Duke. His adopted father is her second husband Sean Astin. As a young teen he made his first movie but it wasn't until 1993 that he played the lead in the popular film "Rudy."
- Sophie Prefaut: French autistic child. There was practically no structure in France for autistic children and the doctors are unable to care for them. In cases of severe crisis the children are confined in psychiatric wards. Sophie's mother, Jeanne-Marie had promised to her daughter that this would never happen to her.
- Kaskade : DJ
- Dave Harris: American radio host and songwriter
- Sean O'Haire: American wrestler mixed martial artist and kick-boxer (d. 2014)
- Daniel Powter: Canadian singer-songwriter and pianist
- Oh! Calcutta! opens at Belasco Theater in New York City for 1,316 performances.
- The first unit of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, the first commercial nuclear power station in Canada, goes online.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?