Monday 25 January 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1971 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Jordan Young in Thunder Bay: Ontario, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Purdue).
- Herman Smith NFL/WLAF defensive end (Tampa Bay Buccaneers: London Monarchs).
- China Slick: rocker (daughter of Grace Slick).
- Tommie Jones: WLAF cornerback (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Vincent Brisby: NFL wide receiver (New England Patriots).
- Kevin Williams receiver/kick returner (Arizona Cardinals: Dallas Cowboys).
- Kerry Taylor: US baseball pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Luca Badoer: Italian race car driver, the pilot of a Minardi in the Formula One 1996.
- China Kantner: American actress of television, theatre and the cinema. She is also a former MTV VJ.
- Pooh-Man : Rapper
- Ana Ortiz: American actress and singer
- Philip Coppens: Belgian journalist and author (d. 2012)
- WHMB TV channel 40 in Indianapolis, IN (IND) begins broadcasting
- Military coup in Uganda under General Idi Amin Dada.
- Idi Amin leads a coup deposing Milton Obote and becomes Uganda's president.
- Himachal Pradesh becomes the 18th Indian state.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?