Monday 1 February 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zlatko Zahovic and Derek Byrd.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1971 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Zlatko Zahovic: Slovenian footballer.
- Derek Byrd: NFL cornerback (New Orleans Saints).
- Tommy Salo in Surahammar: Sweden; NHL goalie (Team Sweden, New York Islanders).
- Michael C Hall: American actor.
- Michael Hall: American actor, known for his role as Dexter Morgan in the Showtime TV Network Dexter (2006-2013), and as David Fisher on the HBO drama series Six Feet Under (2001-2005).
- Agnès Letestu: French leading ballet dancer, she retired on 10th October 2013 after performing "La Dame aux Camélias" and a long standing ovation.
- Hynden Walch: Voice Actor
- Harald Brattbakk: Norwegian footballer and pilot
- Tomomi Hayashi: Japanese-Estonian architect
- Ajay Jadeja: Indian cricketer sportscaster and actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Elton John - Your Song
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Gladys Knight & The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?