Monday 26 August 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gen Maxwell D Taylor and Jan de Quay.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1901 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Gen Maxwell D Taylor: Former US Army Chief of Staff.
- Jan de Quay: Dutch Minister of war / Premier (KVP, 1959-63).
- Tullio Campagnolo: Italy -- Bicycle manufacturer (Fiat).
- Edward Douglas: Scottish ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Priest ordained May 1, 1924.
- Maxwell Taylor: American military, a graduate from West Point Academy in 1922 and rising to the ranks of General.
- Jan Quay: Netherlands Scientist
- Eleanor Dark: Australian author and poet (d. 1985)
- Hans Kammler: German engineer and SS officer (disappeared in 1945)
- Jimmy Rushing: American singer and bandleader (Oklahoma City Blue Devils) (d. 1972)
- Chen Yi: Chinese general and politician 2nd Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China (d. 1972)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- J.W. Myers - In the Shade of the Palm
- Sweet Annie Moore - Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?