Friday 23 August 1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1901 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Cecil Rolph Hewitt: Journalist / policeman.
- Guy Bush: American baseball player and manager (d. 1985).
- John Cooper: American captain lawyer and politician 2nd United States Ambassador to East Germany (d. 1991).
- Karl Bechert: German scientist, a theoretical physicist whose work was mainly in atomic physics.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?