Monday 5 August 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1901 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Juan Carlos Paz: Composer.
- Claude Autant-Lara: French director, active in cinema from age 16 designing sets and costumes.
- Maurice Negre: St Laurent le Minier EXecutives.
- Roger Deleplanque: Chantilly Journalist.
- Victoria : British royal family, the Queen of England by the age of 18.
- Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft 11 3/4 ins. The record will stand for 20 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hello Central, Give Me Heaven - Byron G. Harlan
- When I Think of You - Mina Hickman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1901 and get them!