Friday 26 January 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
From Dusk Till Dawn, directed by Robert Rodriguez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1996 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Allie Evans: YouTube Star.
- Tyger Drew-Honey: British actor.
- Igor Decraene: Belgian cyclist (d. 2014).
- Henry Lewis: American musician and conductor, one of the first black conductors to break the color barrier and lead a major symphony orchestra.
- Dave Schultz: Canadian ice hockey player and referee.
- Henry Jay Lewis: conductor, dies at age 63.
- David Schultz: wrestler (Olympics-Gold-1984), killed by US millionaire John Du Pont.
- Frank Howard: American baseball player, coach and team manager, who hit his career-high 48 home runs with the Washington Senators during the 1969 season.
- Les Miserables, opens at Musichall Theatre, Duisburg
- Death by firing squad by John Albert Taylor in Utah, USA, for the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl.
- Whitewater scandal: U.S. First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton testifies before a grand jury.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?