Sunday 7 January 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, directed by Paris Barclay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1996 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Abbey Speakman: England, United Kingdom -- Born 19 days after her twin sister.
- Crazy after You closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 1622 performances
- 16th United Negro College Fund raises $12,600,000
- One of the worst blizzards in American history hits the eastern states, killing more than 100 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Michael Jackson - Earth Song
- The Prodigy - Breathe
- Boyzone - Father And Son
- One And One - Robert Miles featuring Maria Nayler
- Baby D - So Pure
- George Michael - Jesus To A Child
- Dunblane - Knockin' On Heaven's Door / Throw These Guns Away
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
- Boyzone - A Different Beat
- Oasis - Wonderwall
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?