Friday 27 August 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sherlock Holmes V, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1909 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Lester W "Pres" Young: US jazz saxophonist.
- Sidney R Yates: (Rep-D-Illinois, 1949-62, 65- ).
- Sylveer Maes: Belgian bicylist.
- Sylvere Maes: Belgian cyclist (d. 1966).
- André Deluol: French sculptor who died in Saint-Michel-en-l'Herm on 26 April 2003.
- Sylvère Maes: Belgian road cyclist racer, he won twice the Tour de France, in 1936 and 39, and once Paris-Roubaix race.
- Manuel Mora Valverde: Costa Rican popular politician, lawyer and congressman, huge trajectory in the history of Costa Rica. He is remembered mainly for being a great popular leader, and one of the main managers and enactors of Social Guarantees, the Labour Code (1943), etc., and as founder of the Popular Vanguard Party.
- Charles Pozzi: French racing driver who participated in one World Championship Formula One race in 1950, the year of its inception. He died on 28 February 2001.
- Silveer Maes: Belgium sport Champion
- Lester Young: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 1959)
- Emil Christian Hansen: Danish fermentation physiologist (Born 1842).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love, I Love, I Love My Wife, but Oh You Kid! - Arthur Collins
- My Pony Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?