Friday 6 August 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1909 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Diana Keppel: Countess of Albemarle (d. 2013).
- Alice Huyler Ramsey and three friends become the first women to complete a transcontinental auto trip.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 August 1909 and get them!