Tuesday 3 August 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neal Miller and Otto Paetsch.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1909 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Neal Miller: American experimental psychologist whose work was an important bridge between behaviorism and personality psychology.
- Otto Paetsch: German Nazi military, a Standartenführer (Colonel) in the Waffen SS who was awarded the Knight's Cross with Oakleaves during World War II.
- Walter Van Tilburg Clark: US Author (Ox-Bow Incident), dies at 62.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?